Welcome to Art Of Breath
The S-even X Breath Development Exercises
Exercise 6 - Rib Stretching
As we have spoke about, the ribs are secured by cartilage which create a great expansion. With our complete, correct breathing, the ribs have an important role, so every now and again, it is important to give them some exercise to keep their stretchy nature.
- Stand straight in good posture.
- Put your hands under your armpits with with thumbs facing the back. Do this as high as comfort-able. The palms should be on the the side of your chest/ribs and fingers out touching your breast/pectorals.
- Inhale a Complete Breath.
- Retain the breath for 10 seconds.
- Apply gentle pressure to the sides of your chest and compress as you exhale slowly.
- Finish with a clean-s-in-g breath.